|Tunnel Mountain Resort Environmental Policy
Tunnel Mountain Resort is committed to environmental protection and sustainability and proud to be a part of the Green key ECO - rating program. Our commitment to sustainability and doing what we can to protect the environment for future generations has always been one of our hotel's core values. We believe that our guests will benefit from knowing that the hotel that they have chosen is doing its part in trying to minimize its impact on our environment.
In delivering this commitment, all of Tunnel Mountain
Resort colleagues will endeavour to:
- Work diligently to minimize our waste stream and conserve natural
resources, particularly through energy and water conservation
- Value the natural and cultural heritage of our property, allowing us to give
our guests an authentically local experience
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation and strive to follow
best environmental practices
- Make environmental considerations an important aspect of decision-making
- Review the objectives of the Green key ECO - rating program on an annual
- Build local partnerships in the community where we do business.
These partnerships allow us to share our stewardship message, effect positive
environmental change, and raise awareness for our guests and colleagues.
- Continue to consider the opinions and feedback of our guests when
examining our environmental programs and procedures
- Identify areas for improvement and innovation at the property level and
support the efforts of the Green key ECO - rating program Teams at our property
We will strive to hold as our ideal the backpacker’s motto:
"Leave only footprints, take only memories".